Strathmore University in cooperation with DAAD is offering up to 5 In-Country/In-Region scholarships for Master and PhD studies at Strathmore University for the intake 2020.
The scholarships at Strathmore University are available in the following fields:
- Master in Mathematical Finance
- PhD in Mathematical Sciences
- PhD in Computer Science / IT
The university is inviting highly qualified candidates to apply for these scholarships. Potential candidates are invited to read the application information below and submit their applications no later than 31st January 2020 at 5.00pm. Please note that applications received after this date will not be accepted.
Applicants should strictly adhere to the DAAD and Strathmore University requirements/guidelines as follows:
- DAAD Requirements: Accessible here.
- Strathmore University Admission Requirements:
- Duly filled in Graduate Application Form (Download the form here).
- Two (2) completed Reference Forms from your professional background or from former professors particularly qualified to attest to the applicant’s qualifications for graduate study (Download reference form here).
- Certified copies of undergraduate degree certificate and transcript of records (TOR) in English giving full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained.
- Certified copy of your Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education-KCSE certificate (Secondary/High School Certificate or its equivalent).
- An updated Curriculum Vitae. Please use the Europass CV template (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu).
- Two (2) current passport size photos.
- A copy of National Identity Card (ID) or a copy of Passport (bio-data page).
- KShs. 2,500 Non-refundable Interview fee payable on the interview day.
- Applicants with foreign qualifications/degrees are required to provide a Letter of Recognition from CUE (The Commission of University Education) which can be applied through the following link: http://www.cue.or.ke/index.php/services/recognition-and-equation-of-qualifications
In addition to the above (For PhD applicants only):
- A PhD research proposal including a detailed work plan (maximum 7000 words). Please keep to the word count. Note that plagiarism will be checked. Please note that at least one of your proposed supervisor(s) should sign on the cover page of your research proposal.
- A copy of the research work undertaken at Master level.
- Names of at least two proposed supervisors one of whom one must be a Strathmore University staff member. The other(s) can be from any accredited Kenyan university or outside Kenya.
NB: Certified copies: Please note the copies of the certificates and transcripts should be certified by the awarding institution or by an advocate of the high court.
For more information about the scholarships, visit the official website here: >>Call for DAAD Scholarship Applications 2020