Meet our expert Dr. Oliver Kirui, a Senior Researcher and Postdoc Fellow
Dr. Kirui is currently carrying out research to promote and support the scaling of proven and promising innovations in the agri-food sector as part of the Program of Accompanying Research for Agricultural Innovation (PARI) and ‘‘One World no Hunger (SEWOH)’’ initiatives in 13 African countries and India.
Watch our interview with Dr. Kirui as he shares his success story.
- Why and how he applied for the PhD in German
- His current role as a Senior Researcher and Post-doc Fellow (in the thematic areas of agricultural innovations and sustainable land management
- Scholarship (PhD) opportunities for researchers at ZEF
- Opportunities for young researchers in Social Sciences and Development Policy
- Dr. Kirui was awarded the Nils Westermarck Prize for Best Visual Presentation during the 29th Triannual International Conference of Agricultural Economists (ICAE) for his work on the "Costs of Land Degradation in Eastern Africa" on in Milan, Italy.
- He also received the Best Paper Award in 2016 :) for his paper on ‘Economics of Land Degradation and Sustainable Land Management in Eastern Africa’ which was adjudged as the best paper during the Indo-German Conference on Sustainability (IGCS) held at the India Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, India!